Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Five Lives

I am reading a wonderful book called, "The Artist's Way," by Julia Cameron. If you haven't read it then I highly recommend it. Basically the book helps you to become more creative and isn't limited to visual artists. It is for everyone who wants to add a little more creativity to their lives. Each week there are exercises that are meant to open you up and help you find more creativity. I'm on the first week of exercises now. This exercise I thought was particularly interesting so I wanted to share it in this post.
I am asked to choose five lives that I would like to live besides this one. What would I do in those lives? Then I need to choose one thing, and actually do it this week. I think this is so much fun, because there is SO much that I want to do.
My first life is a beautiful, sexy and mysterious belly dancer. I am of middle eastern descent, but I now live in California. I have a slight accent, and I dance so well that I give my audience chills when they watch me. I don't have children yet, although I am very young. Someday, maybe.

My second life - I'd love to be a nature photographer. I would travel around the world and take photos of various wild life for National Geographic. I am well known and I love every minute of this job. I am married to a wonderfully kind and gentle man. We have four children. They often travel with me and get to see wonderful places and meet fascinating people. My husband and I home school them, but the still have plenty of friends. We have friends all over the world.




















My third life I would be a fabulous author, living in N.Y.C. I would write everyday and do yoga with my girl friends. I would take walks in Central Park with my two wonderful giant mixed breed dogs everyday. I would have coffee in quaint little coffee shops with my friends. I am not attached to anyone and I have no children. There is one guy that I really have my eye on. There is definitely an attraction there and the tension is just incredible. I love it! I live in a very big apartment with an open floor plan and a loft. I go on meditation retreats and I live life in the moment.

My forth life I am an interior designer and decorator. I have my own very popular t.v. show giving do-it-yourselfers tons of tips on how to decorate on a tight budget. I am a very happy go lucky person in this life. Nothing bothers me and I am almost never serious. My job is so much fun, it doesn't feel like work, it feels like play. Famous people ask me to help them with their homes all the time. I am very busy, yet I feel no stress at all. I am excited when I wake up in the morning and I am relaxed when I go to bed. I am a newly wed, married to the nicest guy you'd ever meet, and I just found out I am pregnant with twins!

My fifth life I am a clothing designer and seamstress. I am just starting to get noticed. I sew adorable children's clothing. I sell on etsy (hee hee) and quite a few other venues. I just quit my job as a secretary to do this full time. I now have consignment deals and I just got featured in a popular woman's magazine. Angelina Jolie just bought a bunch of my clothes for her children. It's so exciting! I recently bought a house by myself - that is how well I am doing. My two huge dogs even have their own room and their own queen size bed. I am not married, and never have been but I just started dating a really good looking and very sweet guy I met at my best friend's house. I live in a state of constant wonder, I am always told I have wisdom beyond my years.

Those are my lives. I didn't even notice until the last life that they all have something in common - they are all creative careers and life styles. Now I am supposed to choose one thing that I can do this week - and do it.
I think that the one that would be the most realistic for me to do would be the nature photographer. I can't travel around the world, but I can certainly take photos of nature. I think that is what I will do. I will let you know how that turns out.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, those are al busy lives. Did you get them from the book or did you make them up yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book gives you an assignment to make up five imaginary lives. It's a very fun assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little exercise! Good luck with the nature photography :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Rhiannon - you're awesome!

    I am a clothing designer for children

    And I'd share my 5 but they are too close to yours and I'd look like I'm copying.... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, nice! Sounds like a must read book! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete