Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm Back!!

After an illness that swept through my house like a fire and rendered all of us useless for over a week, we are finally back! By we, I mean my entire family. The kids are back to school, Eric is back to work and I am back to work also.


Not only did I re-open my shop, but I also opened a new shop, Daily Paint that I've been thinking of opening for months now. I've been wanting to separate my art and my pendants for a while now, and I finally did it over the weekend, and I made my first sale yesterday. Yay!! This shop will be having a sale until December 4th to celebrate it's opening. All the art is as marked, but it is marked down 50%.


My art is my first love and although I am enjoying making the pendants, I love art. It is so much fun and I truly believe that it is what I am meant to do with my life. Life is way too short to spend any time at all doing stuff you really don't enjoy. Even though I am not making as much money as I would if I were - say - in the medical field, I would be miserable if I were working 9-5. Compensation is about more than how much you get paid, and in this 'job' I am very well compensated for my time.


Anyway, all is back to normal in the Strobel household, we are all back to our routine. Please check out my new store Daily Paint and show it some love.


I am participating in the Art Everyday Challenge (part of Creative Everyday Challenge) so here was yesterday's painting:

1 comment:

  1. Lovely paintings. I especially liked Tulip Baby. :)

    ReplyDelete