Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Painting of the Day






This is a short post, I have to get to a huge sale that my favorite store is having. I just wanted to share my latest painting of the day.






There is a story behind this painting. My two little ones, ages seven and three, love to paint. I was busy cleaning and getting the house straightened out and they wanted to paint. I put on their play clothes and a big plastic table cloth on the floor and let them paint with yellow, white and black paint. They spilt some water on the cheap canvas board I gave them and painted and scratched and banged on it. When they were 'finished' I was so pleased with how well they distressed the canvas that I asked them if I could paint on it too. So, I did a very quick painting with a tree, a moon and a few birds. I think that it looks good for a slightly creepy November.





Just a reminder - don't forget about my awesome giveaway (click here to see rules for entry). You could win these two matted 8x10 prints:


No comments:

Post a Comment