Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hour Painting #4 and Givaway

As if I don't have enough challenges in my life, I decided to really challenge myself with yesterday's daily painting. It was a nice day, so I took Wesley outside along with my paints and an 8X10" canvas.

Step one, the outline. I did a basic quick sketch of the farm and surrounding land. I think that the landscape has a lot of blue, so I decided to do the lines in blue.

Step 2: Got in the very basic colors, the further back in the distance the more blue. Only the very closest hill has some touches of yellow.


Step 3: Added some more details in the roof - blue because it is reflecting the sky. Added some little bushes, coming along.




Step 4: Darkened and lightened the areas that needed it, put some rows in the field, and some texture in the garden area.





A little more detail, some color adjustments and voila!









Give away!!


Awesome prize, super easy and FREE to enter!
Here is the painting to be given away.
All entries must be recieved by March 31, 2010. Winner will be chosen randomly on April 1, 2010.

Click on the picture below to enter:



Mandatory to enter: Visit any of my stores, Daily Paint, Giggle Goddess Creations or my brand new ebay store Rhiannon Strobel Gallery choose your favorite item and then and go to this blog post and leave a comment. You must leave the name of your fave in the comment.


Optional (each action equals one entry):

* Follow me on twitter.

* Follow my blog.

* Become a fan on facebook.

* Mention any of my stores somewhere online - a blog, twitter or anywhere else visible to the public.


In order for me to keep track, please leave comments here with what action(s) you've done.
You can enter as many times as you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment