Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I am always trying new things - just for fun. I tried to create some 3D effects in my painting. I wish I had better photos and I will take some - but for now ...
the background is very textured and really abstract. The leaves literally pop right off the page.
This is the beginning of a time of exploration for me. I really want to have fun with paint and learn as much as I can about how to use it effectively. So, if for a while my paintings look a little unlike me - that is a good thing - it is all part of my master plan for improvement. Like I said - I am letting go of beauty for a bit in pursuit of learning.
These "learning" paintings will be for sale at deep discounts in my etsy shop.







3 comments:

  1. Love that you are dabbling in the uncomfortable. I think that makes us all open to change in ourselves, our talents and our lives. Change and uncomfort make people avoid them which is too bad when so much can be learned from them.
    Love the 3d play. Keep up inspiring yourself and all of us in the process.
    Take care,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that's the learning phase, I can't wait to see what comes next!

    I hope the weather was merciful on your are, Rhiannon. Now here's so bad... Lots of tragidies in my birthtown, Rio. Hope is over soon!

    Kisses from Nydia.

    ReplyDelete