Monday, April 12, 2010

New Painting

The crazy painting below is a result of just wanting to try something very new for my and have fun with it. I love henna - and although this is inspired by mehndi - there are a lot of colors in this piece. I reached my goal of having fun - but I will tell you - getting smooth lines - was a little harder than I thought. As I am looking at it now - there are still some lines that look shaky and wavy. There is nothing I can do about it now - I have a rule I follow no matter what - once I sign a painting - that is it - I can't work on it at all anymore. I do that because otherwise I will just keep painting and not move on. At this point it has almost become a superstition for me - bad things will happen if I work on a painting after it has been signed.





"Henna Sun" Original Acrylic Painting, size 11X14" on canvas. $15.00 Click to buy.



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it came out great! Love the colors! Woot for trying new things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo pretty!! How do you set your painting schedule each week or each day? How often does your schedule include trying something new? I'm just starting out as an artist and would be interested in your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete